Correct Air Pressure
Check to make sure that your gun is operating at the correct air pressure.
Low air pressure can cause the following problems:
- Gun does not work at all
- Driver won’t retract after firing
- Driver retracts slowly
- Poorly sunk nails
- Splitting wood
High air pressure can cause these symptoms:
- Air leaks
- Broken parts or casing
- Heavy wear
All guns only need a couple of drops before each day of use or per 1,000 nails.
Low lubrication symptoms:
- Air leaks
- Driver jams
- Pusher guide malfunctions
- Nail loading errors
- Not firing
Incorrect nail issues:
- Nail jams
- Guide jams
Keep nailer clean and water free
Make sure to drain compressor after each use.
Issues caused by dirt and water:
- Parts binding up such as nail feed, nose safety and driver
Specific Symptoms and Trouble Shooting
Air Leaks Out Nose
- O ring or other part towards the front of the gun is unseated or damaged and needs replacement.
Air Leaks Out Back
- First ensure that the screws are tight
- Seals could need reseating
- Make sure valve in the cap of the gun is not jammed
- Check seals and o rings for damage
Air Leaks Out Trigger
- Trigger valve is damaged and needs replacing
Driver Does Not Retract or Retracts Slowly
- Check to make sure gun is clean if not clean gun and lubricate
- Has gun been properly lubricated?
- Has gun been used often with out replacing parts? If so check for damaged O-rings and seal. If necessary install replacement kit.
Gun is double firing
- Make sure your gun is not set on bump fire feature. You could be bump firing the gun causing it to fire twice.
- Nailer is not held down with enough pressure when nail is fired
- The trigger valve is leaking and not releasing fast enough for a single shot
Fasteners Frequently Jam
- Make sure you are using the correct fasteners
- Fasteners could be bent – use unbent fasteners
- Magazine could be dirty – Clean magazine with air hose
- Make sure magazine is not loose – Tighten screws.
- Check to see if drive channel is worn – Clean channel of all obstructions.
- Ensure that the piston is not broken or worn – Replace piston